Not only is it the end of the week, it’s the end of the month! It’s a twofer! That’s… that’s something! I was hoping to have a theme in place for today’s Friday Favorites, but the only thing I could really think of was things that are holding my sanity together.
And I actively gave my daughter 2 guilt trips within the span of 3 hours so you be the judge of whether these things are actually holding my sanity together.
1. Meal prepping. After grocery shopping on Sunday, I took about an hour to prepare the following: 2 pounds of roasted chicken thighs, roasted green beans, roasted asparagus, cauliflower rice, and a breakfast sweet potato hash. I did all of this so I could have nutritious, Whole30-compliant meals while the rest of the world went crazy. Kids watched a movie. I cooked. It felt nice.
2. GrubHub. OK so even though I did all of that meal prepping, I still wanted comfort food that I didn’t have to cook. Enter GrubHub. I’m consistently impressed with their service, and they’re super easy to use.
3. Audible. With a 30-minute commute each way, I decided to use my time a little more wisely and listen to the books that are enjoyable and/or educational. Currently, I’m listening to The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, and it’s fascinating!
4. Netflix. With its steady stream of kids’ movies – I’m looking at you, Trolls, for the 8th time in 2 weeks – and its binge-worthy seasons of Supernatural, Netflix has been helping keep me and the kids afloat this week. And I’m going to feel no shame in saying that out loud.
5. Chipotle Margaritas. Self-explanatory.
What’s good for you this week? Tell me in the comment below!