We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
I had a coaching call yesterday, and we were going over my homework. I’ve been relatively good (whatever that means) when it comes to getting some of my targets, but I fell short last week. I told her, quite honestly, I felt a little hung out to dry with some personal stuff, but things were looking better so things were starting to look up! For me, when things get a little hectic, I try to find things that help me feel a little centered and a little more normal. In light of that, this edition of Friday Favorites features some of my favorite things that help me get back to normalcy.
1. My bullet journal. I have forever and a day been on the quest to find the perfect planner/journal. I’ve bought some really great ones, ranging from FranklinCoveys to Erin Condrens. And I have to tell you that nothing has been better than my Leuchtturm1917 Hardcover Medium Dotted Journal. I have been using this fairly religiously for the past few weeks, and I love it. I love drawing each new week, inserting important pages when I need them, yadda yadda. Plus, it’s also worked out pretty well for my Beautycounter business so it’s super versatile and awesome.
2. Brené Brown’s Rising Strong. I could wax poetic about Brené, and I think I often do, but Brené did something special for me this week I was reading along and was simultaneously sucker punched and inspired by Rising Strong, so much so that it’s inspired a forthcoming series on the site!
3. Momastery shirts. Glennon Doyle and her wife, Abby Wambach, are doing some wonderful, inspirational things. Their relationship and advocacy are giving me some serious hope right now, and when I saw them at the ESPY Awards in these awesome shirts, I knew I had to squirrel away some money to get them (they even have kid sizes!).
4. Beautycounter Glow Shimmer Oil. We got back from the beach late Sunday, and I’ve been maintaining a little glow and a little sparkle with my Glow Shimmer Oil. I use it in my foundation to give a little bronzed look. I’ll use it in my hair to help smooth the follicles down and add a little sparkle. I’ll rub some into my legs to help them feel a little softer. All in all, it’s a winner.
5. Simple Habit meditation app. I’ve talked a little bit about how meditation has helped me – and self-care is so important when you’re struggling! – and I’m getting back into the habit of guided meditation. Simple Habit’s app is super simple to use, and I can even use it in the car during my commute. It’s been so effective, I’ve even gotten my daughter into meditation (which is really a winner for all of us).
What are some things that you do and/or love to help you feel a little more normal? Tell me in the comments below!