We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Well, it’s been a while since I’ve done one of these. Every time I looked at my calendar and/or clock and thought Hmm, I should probably do my Friday Favorites, I found a reason to put it off. Nah, I can’t think of my favorite things from this week or I’ll just do it at work tomorrow morning.
Hint for those playing the home game: It rarely gets done at work.
Why? Because I’m working.
I digress. Are you ready to jump in? Let’s go see what I’m digging this week.
1. The 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins. Steph over at Quirkyblogger turned me onto this. Go get it, she said. It’s awesome, she said. And how right she was. To be honest, I have a little trepidation when it comes to self-help books – even though I love Brené Brown – but there’s something about Mel’s no nonsense approach to 5-4-3-2-1-GO that’s just refreshing and has given me the permission to get out of my own way. Which is awesome.
2. Bullet Journal Accessories. I have openly professed my love for bullet journals, and I’m really excited to see that Zulily has a sale going on right now! But you have to act quickly – the sale ends around 8 am Central!
3. Tax-free weekend in Texas. Starting today and ending Sunday, certain products will be temporarily exempted from sales tax in Texas. This is a great thing because it means that I’ll try to do my shopping online to avoid the hullabaloo in the outside world.
4. Beautycounter’s Ocean & Pacific Makeup Palette. I got mine the other day, and I. am. loving. it. I didn’t think I would go for such vibrant colors, but they work really well! I did a Driftwood/Bungalow/Sand combination on my eyes for work, and I was really pleased with how they turned out! Not too dark and dramatic, not too overly pigmented… but if I wanted to bump up the color, I could easily layer them.
5. Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. Admittedly, we don’t have an HBO subscription so I catch the redacted replays on YouTube, but I am loving this show.
What are your favorite things this week? Tell me in the comments!