The kids are back in school today, after staying with me yesterday to celebrate Rosh Hashanah, and I’ve only had to make one “Oops! I forgot that at home!” run. Which I will generally consider a win. The quiet in the house is really pretty welcome because I feel like I can finally hear myself think!
And when I finally get about 5 seconds to myself that don’t involve playing around on Facebook, I start to think about the things that I need to accomplish and what’s going to help me feel good about myself. In part, I know that this time will be fleeting – the end of the school day will be here before I know it! – and, honestly, I feel a little antsy if I leave things off of my to-do list. So! Without further adieu, here are some of my Friday Favorites that help me feel a little pulled together.
1. My bullet journal. It’s not pretty. It’s not doodley. It’s really functional. And when I can check things off that I’ve accomplished, I am in Heaven.
2. My Kate Spade Cedar Street purse. I have one in black, and I love it. Love. It. It’s big enough that I can carry my laptop, diapers, books, wallet, etc., and it still looks chic and classic enough to take with me to work. I always feel a little more pulled together when I have my “grown-up” purse with me instead of a diaper bag.
3. Beautycounter’s Volume & Shape Hair Collection. I shared the above picture in my VIP Group, and someone very kindly told me that my hair looked pretty good! A) I am very appreciative of the compliment, and B) I really did nothing super special! I washed my hair with the Volume & Shape Hair Collection and let my hair air-dry… and this is what I still had a couple of hours later in the hot and humid Gulf Coast climate! So when I can grab a shower and do something with my hair other than wearing it in a ponytail, I am all about this no-fuss stuff!
4. My coffee. Because obviously.
5. My quiet time. Just having a few minutes to myself to think and get organized and take care of myself really help me out. Honestly, I get really tired and frazzled when the din of too many things going on at once just culminates in, well, life, and for me, I need just a little quiet time. It helps me to refocus and center myself, which allows me to feel a little more pulled together.
What about you? What do you love that helps you feel pulled together? Let me know below!