We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
The kids are back in school today, after staying with me yesterday to celebrate Rosh Hashanah, and I’ve only had to make one “Oops! I forgot that at home!” run. Which I will generally consider a win. The quiet in the house is really pretty welcome because I feel like I can finally hear myself think!
And when I finally get about 5 seconds to myself that don’t involve playing around on Facebook, I start to think about the things that I need to accomplish and what’s going to help me feel good about myself. In part, I know that this time will be fleeting – the end of the school day will be here before I know it! – and, honestly, I feel a little antsy if I leave things off of my to-do list. So! Without further adieu, here are some of my Friday Favorites that help me feel a little pulled together.
1. My bullet journal. It’s not pretty. It’s not doodley. It’s really functional. And when I can check things off that I’ve accomplished, I am in Heaven.
2. My Kate Spade Cedar Street purse. I have one in black, and I love it. Love. It. It’s big enough that I can carry my laptop, diapers, books, wallet, etc., and it still looks chic and classic enough to take with me to work. I always feel a little more pulled together when I have my “grown-up” purse with me instead of a diaper bag.
3. Beautycounter’s Volume & Shape Hair Collection. I shared the above picture in my VIP Group, and someone very kindly told me that my hair looked pretty good! A) I am very appreciative of the compliment, and B) I really did nothing super special! I washed my hair with the Volume & Shape Hair Collection and let my hair air-dry… and this is what I still had a couple of hours later in the hot and humid Gulf Coast climate! So when I can grab a shower and do something with my hair other than wearing it in a ponytail, I am all about this no-fuss stuff!
4. My coffee. Because obviously.
5. My quiet time. Just having a few minutes to myself to think and get organized and take care of myself really help me out. Honestly, I get really tired and frazzled when the din of too many things going on at once just culminates in, well, life, and for me, I need just a little quiet time. It helps me to refocus and center myself, which allows me to feel a little more pulled together.
What about you? What do you love that helps you feel pulled together? Let me know below!