The holidays are swiftly approaching, and it feels like my gift purchasing list gets a little bit longer each year. New jobs and new schools bring new friends – for whom we are incredibly grateful! – and, if you’re like me, you may want to show them you care and appreciate them beyond the holiday card that you mail out. Your gift giving circle can include so many different folks – new moms, coffee lovers, gift card aficionados – that sometimes it’s hard to keep up! Since I joined Beautycounter as an independent consultant, the number of beauty and makeup lovers in my life has increased! OK, maybe not increased as a lot of them were already there… they just came out of the woodwork.
This unique position affords me the opportunity to get to know a lot about what people are looking for… and it runs the gamut! I treasure these conversations and this insight, and all of this inspired a beauty gift guide for the 2017 holiday season. The beauty gifts that I’ve chosen are sure to impress the beauty- and makeup- and skincare-obsessed friends in your life… and a lot of them are budget-friendly!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, I make a small commission at no cost to you. This helps keep A Nourished Mom up and running so thanks for your support!
Beauty Gift Guide: Ideas for the Skincare-Obsessed
At the forefront of this beauty gift guide is skincare! You want to take care of your skin by cleansing it and treating it well, and below, I’ve listed out some basic staples that are great beauty gifts for those on your list! These are products that I use, know, and trust, and I’m thrilled to share them with you!
- Essential Nourishing Collection. This was my entree into Beautycounter, and I come back to this collection daily. The Cream Cleanser is gentle and effective, perfect for everyday use, and I love both of the Day and Night Creams. Each product helps to lock in moisture without leaving your skin feeling super heavy (a necessity in the Gulf Coast!). Plus, I love using the Rosewater Mist to set my makeup with a dewy finish… or to use it on sunburnt skin!
- Clarisonic Facial Cleansing Brush. So many people I know swear by this tool, and I would be remiss if I didn’t include it! This cleansing brush can help to clean and exfoliate your skin a little bit better than washing your face alone. I have a version of this in my house, and I am in love!
- Multi-Masker Set. This mask set comes with three different masks which can be used alone for all-over effects or applied in specific areas of the face for more targeted benefits. After particularly stressful days (which are rampant during the holidays!), I like to use the Plumping Facial Mask near my eyes to help diminish the appearance of wrinkles and the Balancing Facial Mask where I might have some stress acne popping up.
Beauty Gift Guide: For the Makeup Maven
Makeup is truly a personal choice, and it can take a lot of trial and error. Some people love bold, bright colors; others, subtle shades that can help transition from day to night. For this beauty gift guide, I’ve captured a couple of staples that are flattering for a variety of skin tones and can be great jumping off points for the more adventurous!
- Illuminating Trio. Contouring and highlighting are definitely on trend this makeup season, and this trio has it all. You can use the Bronze Glow stick to contour along your cheekbones, and you can use the Pearl Glowstick to highlight high points of your face (think your cheekbones, browbones, nose, etc.). The sticks are super creamy and blendable, and they leave a lovely dewy finish!
- Perfect Pout Trio in Nudes. While I love a bold lip, sometimes I just want to keep it low-key… especially at work or in a client meeting! These nude shades are perfect for a subtle hint of color, and they include nude, mauve, and peach shimmer.
- Ultimate Nudes Eyeshadow Palette. And speaking of subtle colors, this limited-edition eyeshadow palette includes 18 neutral shades and has three different finishes: satin, metallic, and matte. All of the eyeshadows in this palette get their luxurious texture from naturally-derived cocoa seed butter.
- Color Intense Lip Set. You know how I said I was probably going to keep the colors a little neutral? OK, I may have fibbed a little on that one. The hues in this lipstick set are rich and vibrant, and some of them manage to be subtle (read: perfect for your 9-to-5!). Because this comes as a set, you have either 5 people taken care of… or one lucky recipient! Don’t worry: I won’t judge or tell!
Beauty Gift Guide: Awesome Accessories and Accoutrements
Your beauty-obsessed friend may have all of the products that they need… but do they have the accessories to go along with them? Here, I’ve listed out some great storage options, tools, and tricks that you can add to your list!
- Creative Options Crafters Train Case. I was inspired by my college roommate to ask for this for the holidays one year… and I still have it! I love that it holds everything I need in neat, little compartments. Plus, if I ever have a color consultation for Beautycounter, this is the perfect-sized train case to carry my makeup must-haves. But if you’re really serious, then a rolling train case is a lifesaver.
- Best of Brushes Set. I didn’t even realize how much of a difference good brushes make when it comes to makeup application… until I got good brushes. Game changer! This brush set includes a Powder Brush, Angled Blush Brush, All-Over Eye Brush, and Crease Brush. Each of these brushes is made with soft, animal hair-free Taklon bristles, and the set comes packaged in a red gift box (easier gift giving!).
- Magnetic Eyelash Set. No messy glue? Check. Reusable? Check. Easy to apply? Check. Magnetic lashes are popular right now, and I love having the option to make my eyes pop without the messy glue!
- Silicone Makeup Brush Cleaning Mats. Dermatologists recommend that you should clean your brushes at least once a week, and these cleaning mats are the perfect tools to help you out! I use a gentle, unscented soap like this one to clean my brushes, and Allure Magazine has some great information and step-by-step instructions on brush cleaning basics.
- Makeup Storage Cases and Trays. Admittedly, I don’t keep a whole bunch of makeup on my bathroom counter (more on that story here!), so just my staples are out for everyday use. I love having everything neatly organized so I can grab my favorites quickly, and these customizable stacking trays are perfect for most countertops!
- Essential Oil Diffuser. In reading through some other beauty gift guides, a lot of them have some great candles in gorgeous containers. And while I love the idea of a beautiful candle, the truth is that scented candles can have some harmful chemicals in them! To that end, I try to keep using them to a minimum and rely on essential oil diffusers instead. Some companies have premade blends that smell fantastic, or you can check out my Pinterest essential oils board with over 100 blend recipes for you to try!
I hope that the gifts featured in this beauty gift guide help you in your holiday shopping… or alternatively, are shared with those you know and love who may need a hint!